Debt Recovery Fees
Business to business debt that is undisputed
Our estimated costs in the table below, will apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and where enforcement action is not required. However, if the other party disputes your claim at any time, we will need to discuss any further work required with you and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary; this could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more detailed work is required.
N.B. Total column in table shows “TBC” i.e. “to be confirmed”
|Debt value||Court fee||Our fee range |
|Up to £5,000||£35-205||£2,000 – £3,500||£TBC|
|£5,001 – £10,000||£455||£3,000 – £5,000||£TBC|
|£10,001 – £50,000||5% value of the claim||£4,000 – £8,000||£TBC|
If you wish to proceed with a claim, you should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgement of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within 10 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Matters usually take 3 to 6 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
If you wish to know more about the costs that might apply to your claim please telephone Peter Laskey (0208 221 8062) or David Stancliffe (0208 221 8068) who will be happy to discuss this with you.
Please click on the named links below to find out more about individual debt recovery team members, outlining their legal experience and expertise:
Peter Laskey – Partner
David Stancliffe – Senior Associate Solicitor